Before going for your surgery, be sure to consult your doctor at Pacific Rim Orthopaedic Surgeons with any special concerns.
General Preparations for Surgery
- Contact your insurance provider to confirm coverage for your surgery.
- Do not consume alcohol in the 24 hours prior to your surgery.
- Do not eat or drink in the eight hours prior to your arrival time for surgery.
- Do not drink water in the four hours prior to your surgery.
- Arrange for reliable transportation home after surgery.
- A friend or family member should be available to care for you when you arrive home.