Paul R. Haeder
MD Orthopedic Surgeon
- Fellowship in Orthopedic Sports Medicine
- Specialized in all general orthopedic conditions of knees, hips, shoulders, and sports medicine.
- Treats hip labrum tears
- Total Joint Replacements (inpatient and outpatient) – shoulders, knees, hips (anterior approach only)
- Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) injections
- Arthroscopic Surgery specialist
- Community call group: on staff for Emergency Room patients
- Pacific Rim Outpatient Surgery Center
- PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center
- PeaceHealth United General Hospital
American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons (ABOS)
Sub-specialty certification in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
Medical Licensure: Since 2016
State of Washington 2020
- Fellowship in Orthopedic Sports Medicine at SOAR, San Francisco, CA
- Residency in Orthopedic Surgery at the University of Kansas, Wichita, KS
- Internship, Department of General Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Sanford School of Medicine at the University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mathematics, University of South Dakota, Vermillion SD-
Joining in September 2020!
Paul Haeder (“Hay-der”), M.D. is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon with fellowship training in Sports Medicine. He joins Pacific Rim Orthopaedic Surgeons after practicing in North Lake Tahoe California where he gained extensive experience treating professional, Olympic, elite and recreational athletes in a wide range of outdoor sports.
Dr. Haeder specializes in advanced arthroscopic techniques of the knee, hip and shoulder aimed at getting athletes back to their pre-injured level of sports participation. He believes getting back to full activity is important for not only the elite, professional and Olympic athletes, but also for the recreational athletes and weekend warriors.
In addition to his sports medicine surgery, Dr. Haeder also performs shoulder, knee and anterior hip replacements to help the aging athlete after a lifetime of activity has taken its toll. He is also one of a few surgeons north of Seattle who treat hip labrum tears, and who perform PRP injections.
Dr. Haeder moved to Whatcom County with his wife Amanda, who grew up in Ferndale, and his 3 children. When not at work he enjoys exploring the outdoors with his family, playing soccer, skiing, CrossFit, hiking and biking.