MD Orthopedic Surgeon
- Fellowship trained in Hand Surgery
- Specialist in conditions of the hand, wrist, and elbow
- Peace Health St. Joseph Medical Center
- Pacific Rim Outpatient Surgery Center
- Bellingham Surgical Center
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Sub-specialty certification in hand and upper extremity
- Fellowship: University of Washington Fellowship in Hand and Microvascular Surgery, Seattle, WA.
- Residency: University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY
- Medical School: University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA
- Undergraduate: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Jason Dahl, M.D. is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in conditions of the hand, wrist, and elbow.
Dr. Dahl was raised in Duluth, MN, the son of an operating room circulating nurse and a nurse anesthetist. He completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Minnesota with a degree in Information Systems. After finishing his undergraduate degree at the University of Minnesota, Dr. Dahl spent several years splitting his time between leading canoe trips in the summer and skiing in places like Big Sky, MT, and Jackson, WY in the winter. In 2005, Dr. Dahl entered medical school at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and in 2009 began his surgical training at University of Rochester Medical Center in Rochester, NY.
Following residency, Dr. Dahl pursued subspecialty fellowship training in hand surgery at the University of Washington and Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, Washington.
Dr. Dahl began his career as a private practice physician with Twin Cities Orthopedics in Maple Grove, MN. During his tenure, he was twice selected by his physician peers as a “Rising Star” in Mpls/St. Paul Magazine (2018, 2019). Dr. Dahl was recruited to Bellingham to take over the practice of Dr. Gary Bergman who retired June 28, 2019.
Dr. Dahl is a board-certified Orthopedic Surgeon and holds additional subspecialty certification in surgery of the hand and upper extremity by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. His practice is focused on the surgical treatment of disorders and injuries affecting the hand, wrist, and elbow, with a special interest in complex upper extremity trauma.
In his free time, Dr. Dahl enjoys road and mountain biking, backcountry and nordic skiing, playing music (violin, guitar, piano), and spending time with his wife and daughter.