- BA with Honors in Human Biology, Minor in Psychology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- MA in Sociology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- MS in Physician Assistant Studies, Touro College Manhattan, New York, NY
Previous Medical Experience
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Brooklyn, NY
- Residential Substance Abuse Rehabilitation Assistant, North Carolina
Austen grew up in South Carolina and Virginia. She completed her undergraduate studies in Human Biology at Stanford University in California and her graduate training at Touro Manhattan Physician Assistant Program in New York City. Prior to PA school, she worked in a substance abuse rehabilitation program for pregnant women in North Carolina and as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) in NYC. She is honored to be a PA and to have the opportunity to partner with physicians and patients to provide compassionate, evidence-based healthcare.
Austen is thrilled to be living in Bellingham with her husband and two daughters. She enjoys exploring the Pacific Northwest with her family, hiking, running, reading, playing music, and volunteering in the community.