Before going for your surgery, be sure to consult your doctor at Pacific Rim Orthopaedic Surgeons with any special concerns.
General Preparations for Surgery
1. Contact your insurance provider to confirm coverage for your surgery.
2. Do not consume alcohol in the 24 hours prior to your surgery.
3. Do not eat or drink in the eight hours prior to your arrival time for surgery.
4. Do not drink water in the four hours prior to your surgery.
5. Arrange for reliable transportation home after surgery.
6. A friend or family member should be available to care for you when you arrive home.